My friend Lucy at Enchanted by Josephine is hosting the first challenge on her blog - French Historicals Oh-La-La! Challenge. Though I am up to my eyeballs in challenges, I can't miss out on this one - and there is a really good chance I can finish it if I set my goal low, haha. This challenge is going to run from January 1, 2010 until December 15, 2010. Any historical fiction or non fiction book about France or French people will meet this challenge. There are 4 reading levels:
La Princesse: Read 3 books
La Dauphine: Read 6 books
La Reine: Read 9 books
L’Impératrice: More than 9 books
I am going to set my goal for La Princesse - but if I meet that quickly I will up it to La Dauphine. So we will see.
Here are my books:
1. The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
2. Claude and Camille by Stephanie Cowell
3. Confessions of Catherine de Medici by C. W. Gortner
Update: As of April 24, 2010 - I am officially moving up to La Reine.
4. The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier
5. The Scarlet Lion by Elizabeth Chadwick
6. For the King by Catherine Delors
7. Dancing for Degas by Kathryn Wagner
8. Agincourt by Bernard Cornwell
9. Daughter of York by Anne Easter Smith
Copyright © 2009-2011 by The Maiden’s Court
I have updated my review and giveaway policies page (now just titled Policies above). If you are entering a giveaway, please read and abide by the applicable policy.
Attention Authors! If you arrived here looking for information on the Two Sides to Every Story guest post series, see the tab at the top of the page for more info!