My friend Lucy at Enchanted by Josephine is hosting the first challenge on her blog - French Historicals Oh-La-La! Challenge. Though I am up to my eyeballs in challenges, I can't miss out on this one - and there is a really good chance I can finish it if I set my goal low, haha. This challenge is going to run from January 1, 2010 until December 15, 2010. Any historical fiction or non fiction book about France or French people will meet this challenge. There are 4 reading levels:
La Princesse: Read 3 books
La Dauphine: Read 6 books
La Reine: Read 9 books
L’Impératrice: More than 9 books
I am going to set my goal for La Princesse - but if I meet that quickly I will up it to La Dauphine. So we will see.
Here are my books:
1. The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
2. Claude and Camille by Stephanie Cowell
3. Confessions of Catherine de Medici by C. W. Gortner
Update: As of April 24, 2010 - I am officially moving up to La Reine.
4. The Lady and the Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier
5. The Scarlet Lion by Elizabeth Chadwick
6. For the King by Catherine Delors
7. Dancing for Degas by Kathryn Wagner
8. Agincourt by Bernard Cornwell
9. Daughter of York by Anne Easter Smith
Copyright © 2009-2011 by The Maiden’s Court
If you are on Google+, look me up - Heather R. - Link in Sidebar to the Right ->
I am no longer an Amazon Associate. I am currently working on updating my posts with links to various locations to buy books. One of the links I am including is to RJ Julia - this is my favorite local independent book store. You can shop their store online and have access to pretty much anything you are looking for. I do not have any affiliation with any of these sites - just looking to support my local indie book store.