It's Monday!!! And besides it being the first day of my next class for my Masters program, it is also the day we share our mailboxes! My Kindle purchases were a little heavy this week, but everything was under $2.00 a piece!!
Out of all of these books, only 2 are for review! I'll start with those:
- The Bitter Trade by Piers Alexander (received from the author) - Piers Alexander will be writing a guest post for the readers of this blog - to be posted at some point in late August/beginning of September. I will be reviewing the book, hopefully around that time period as well.
- Shadow on the Highway by Deborah Swift (for review with HFVBT) - I have loved the Deborah Swift books I have read and jumped on board this tour as soon as I found out about it.
Now the Kindle books. I typically purchase the Kindle books on my wish list when they drop below $2.00 per book. Well, 4 of them dropped below that price point and then I picked up 4 others at less than $2.00 per book because of a promotional credit I received because of purchasing said books. Here is what I purchased:
- Claudia: Wife of Pontius Pilate by Diana Wallis Taylor - another book toward my Biblical fiction understanding.
- From a Distance by Tamera Alexander
- Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander - Haven't read any Alexander yet, but they keep popping up on the reduced price list.
- Rachel by Jill Eileen Smith - I have been working on collecting her titles a few at a time.
- The Bloodletter's Daughter by Linda Lafferty - the part of the description that grabbed me was, "Inspired by a true murder that rocked the Hapsburg dynasty, The Bloodletter's Daughter is a dark and richly detailed saga of passion and revenge."
- Postcards from Nam by Uyen Nicole Duong - one of the promotional titles I picked up from Amazon - not really what I would classify as HF, but it sounded interesting anyway
- She Wore Only White by Dorthe Binkert - a coming to America, Ellis Island novel
- In This Hospitable Land by Lynmar Brock Jr.
That's enough for me, what did you get this week?
Mailbox Monday has returned to its home base blog. You can visit the site to see what everyone received this week!
Copyright © 2014 by The Maiden’s Court