It’s Mailbox Monday time again – and this week my inbox received more love than my mailbox actually did. Here is what I received this week:
- Isle of Shadows by Tracy L. Higley – I got the tip off that this was on major sale on Kindle at Amazon, and I had been looking at her books for awhile, so I struck while the iron was hot (purchased).
- Keowee Valley by Katherine Scott Crawford – I was intrigued by this novel because it is set during the colonial period of the United States and because there are Native American elements in the novel. (Received for review from the author via Netgalley).
- In Defense of the Queen by Michell Diener – I have been looking at Diener’s novels for some time, now just seemed the right time to take on one of them. Although this is the 3rd book in the series, I have heard that this is supposed to be able to stand alone. (Received for review from the author via Netgalley).
- The Shogun’s Daughter by Laura Joh Rowland – I haven’t read very much at all set in any Asian countries. This is set in 1700’s Japan and is the 17th book in a series! Again, I have read that these can stand alone and I’m taking a chance on a culture/time/place that will be entirely new to me. (Received via Netgally as part of HFVBT Tour).
- The Study of Murder by Susan McDuffie – I seem to be reading more historical mysteries lately and this is another one of those. I met the author on the van to HNS and accept a review copy of this book. This was my only physical book received this week.
What did you get this week?
Mailbox Monday is on a monthly blog tour and for the month of July it is being hosted by Book Obsessed.
Copyright © 2013 by The Maiden’s Court