Wow – the mailbox this week was crazy! I hadn’t checked my mail in about 3 days and there were SO many books in there! Check them out!
- The White Princess by Philippa Gregory – this is the next book in her Cousin’s War series – this time focusing on Elizabeth of York. I have always enjoyed PG’s books. (Received from Simon&Schuster for Review)
- Venus in Winter by Gillian Bagwell – this is set during Tudor England featuring Bess of Hardwick. I don’t know anything about her at all and I enjoyed The Darling Strumpet.(Received from Penguin for Review)
- King by Riad Nourallah - King is the story of a prince in pre-Islamic Arabia who must leave his carefree life to avenge the murder of his father by a rival Arab tribe allied to Persia. I thought it sounded interesting as it is set during the time of Theodora and Justinian (Received from Quartet Books for Review)
- For Adam’s Sake by Allegra di Bonaventura – A non-fiction historical narrative of several families in Connecticut during the Colonial period – the Winthrops, the Hempsteads, and Jacksons. I love things set in the local area. (Received from author for Review)
- The Midwife’s Revolt by Jodi Daynard – I had the chance to meet the author at HNS and was so excited about this book during her discussion. What had me most excited was that Abigail Adams is one of the starring characters and the author takes her historical facts seriously. (Received from author for Review)
- Oleanna by Julie K. Rose – Another author that I had the change to meet at HNS – she is SO nice! She reached out to me on Twitter following the conference and I snagged an e-book copy which I am excited to read. I interviewed the author here a little while ago. (Received from author for Review)
So that’s all for me! What did you get this week?
Mailbox Monday is on a monthly blog tour and for the month of July it is being hosted by Book Obsessed.
Copyright © 2013 by The Maiden’s Court