Here we are at another Monday – and boy do I have a bunch of books to tell you about! I went a little crazy on Netgalley and buying Kindle books…
Requested from Netgalley I received:
- Mrs. Lincoln’s Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini (F)
- The Forgotten Presidents by Michael J. Gerhardt (NF)
- An Infamous Marriage by Susanna Fraser (F)
- Christmas at the White House by Jennifer B. Pickens (NF)
Do you notice a trend? I also requested Houses of the Presidents by Hugh Howard (NF) by they haven’t responded yet. Christmas at the White House I have been going through over the last couple of days – it has some beautiful pictures of White House Christmases of the past – very seasonal. I’m most excited to read Mrs. Lincoln’s Dressmaker tho! At least they will fall under my perpetual President and First Lady challenge.
Purchased for my Kindle I received:
- A Marriage of Inconvenience by Susanna Fraser
- The Sergeant’s Lady by Susanna Fraser
- The Devil’s Mistress by Laura Navarre
I’m not a huge Historical Romance fan but after hosting interviews recently with both of these authors I am intrigued by their books.
I also received a couple of books for review:
- Lincoln by David Herbert Donald (received from Simon & Schuster Audio)
- A Thousand Lives by Julia Scheeres (received from Simon & Schuster)
I started the Lincoln book last week and it is a different sort of view on the man – whose backstory I found I didn’t actually know too much about either.
So that it for me (and it is certainly enough)! What came for you this week?
Mailbox Monday is on a monthly blog tour and for the month of December it is being hosted by Suko’s Notebook.
Copyright © 2012 by The Maiden’s Court