These warm winter days we have been having here lately, and the flowers that I have seen starting to spring up early, led me to thinking about the Newport Flower Show. I have not been to the actual flower show, but I have been to Newport during it and everything is so beautiful. One of the grand houses that always has beautiful flowers (and the name implies it too) is Rosecliff.
|Rosecliff at Newport, RI|
Anyway, Rosecliff was known for its lavish garden parties that were hosted amongst the gorgeous flowers. This week’s recipe comes from the garden party themed dishes from Entertaining Newport Style.
|A Rosecliff Garden Party Under the Tent|
1-2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 Tablespoons brandy
1 pint fresh blueberries
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8 ramekins lightly.
2) Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl until blended and creamy. Beat in the eggs. Fill the ramekins ¾ full with batter.
3) Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the centers are set. Let stand until cool. Chill, covered, for 4-6 hours.
4) Combine the cream and the brandy in a mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
5) To serve, top each cheesecake with a generous amount of whipped cream and sprinkle with blueberries.
I also have noticed from cooking these historical recipes, they used brandy in an awful lot of things. Which is ultimately a good thing for me since this bottle of brandy is going to sit forever if my cupboard otherwise!
Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads. Any post remotely related to cooking can participate.
Copyright © 2012 by The Maiden’s Court