The recipe I chose this week is Kielbasa Normandy. The way it is designed is to be used as an appetizer; however I turned it into an entire meal!
Serves 2 (meal) or Serves 8 (appetizer)
1 pound kielbasa, cut into 1 inch slices
1 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard (or coarse grain mustard)
2 Tbsp. Calvados (or other Brandy)
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1) Cut each kielbasa slice in half or quarters (preference). Arrange in a single layer in a large skillet.
2) Pour the wine over the kielbasa. Bring to a boil. Cook for 12 minutes or until the wine almost evaporates, stirring occasionally.
3) Stir in the brown sugar, mustard, and brandy. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4) Add the parsley and toss to mix.
5) Serve over potatoes or rice for a meal or with toothpicks and French bread as an appetizer.
Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads. Any post remotely related to cooking can participate.
Copyright © 2012 by The Maiden’s Court