• Borselle – tongs or pliers – used to form the hot glass
• Canna da soffio – blowing pipe
• Pontello – iron rod used to hold the glass object after the initial blowing to add the decorative touches
• Scagno – glass makers work bench
• Tagianti – glass cutting clipper
Now you may wonder how these tools all work together to make the beautiful glass you see above. Here is a video clip I found of some glass being made – all of the above tools are used. I always think that with these sorts of craft trades – it is better to see it happen than listen to it being described or reading about it.
Hope you have learned something about making Murano glass!
Here are the other events happening at the Round Table today:Book review by Lucy at Enchanted by Josephine
Info on DRM’s upcoming 2011 Tudor novel TO SERVE A KING at HFBRT
Copyright © 2010 by The Maiden’s Court