I completed another challenge – this time The Royal Mistress Challenge hosted by The Misadventures of Moppet . You can still sneak into this challenge as it runs until December 31, 2010.
I immediately was drawn to this challenge because I had several books on my shelf that met the requirements of this challenge – and I didn’t really get to any of those – all of the ones I read for the challenge were received after January 1, 2010 for review. Oops, I will get to those on my shelf at some point (especially because now I love Susan Holloway Scott’s books).
The abbreviated rules are as follows (you can find the finer points on the blog):
1) The main character must be a real mistress (not a fictional one)
2) Books can be re-reads and/or overlap with other challenges
3) You can choose your level and change at any time
I chose the Maid of Honour level – Read up to three books – because I thought it was a manageable level – I don’t think I would have finished any more this year.
Here are the links to my reviews:
1. Royal Harlot by Susan Holloway Scott
2. The Countess and the King by Susan Holloway Scott
3. For the King's Favor by Elizabeth Chadwick
Copyright © 2010 by The Maiden’s Court