I have been reading all of these awesome answers people have been posting to this weekly meme for a long time and I finally am getting involved. Booking Through Thursday is hosted by Deb at Booking Through Thursday.
Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)
• Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? – Something Serious
• Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? – Paperbacks all the way!• Fiction? Or Nonfiction? – Ummm, Fiction if I have to choose.• Poetry? Or Prose? – Definitely Prose – I can’t understand Poetry
• Biographies? Or Autobiographies? – Mostly biographies• History? Or Historical Fiction? – Historical Fiction• Series? Or Stand-alones? – Lately stand-alones
• Classics? Or best-sellers? – Best sellers – anyone who has read this blog knows that reading Jane Eyre last month was the first Classic I have read in recent memory
• Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? – A mix of both
• Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? – Plots! I can’t pay attention to stream of consciousness
• Long books? Or Short? – I would rather read a shorter book, but somehow those longer ones draw me to them the most ;)• Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? – A little illustrated break is always nice from time to time• Borrowed? Or Owned? – Owned – I have this thing about wanting to keep all my books around me – I have the hardest time getting rid of them.• New? Or Used? – New mostly – Something about knowing I am the first one reading them. But I don’t mind used if they are in nice condition.
Copyright © 2009 by The Maiden’s Court
If you are on Google+, look me up - Heather R. - Link in Sidebar to the Right ->
I am no longer an Amazon Associate. I am currently working on updating my posts with links to various locations to buy books. One of the links I am including is to RJ Julia - this is my favorite local independent book store. You can shop their store online and have access to pretty much anything you are looking for. I do not have any affiliation with any of these sites - just looking to support my local indie book store.