I have been reading all of these awesome answers people have been posting to this weekly meme for a long time and I finally am getting involved. Booking Through Thursday is hosted by Deb at Booking Through Thursday.
Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)
• Reading something frivolous? Or something serious? – Something Serious
• Paperbacks? Or hardcovers? – Paperbacks all the way!• Fiction? Or Nonfiction? – Ummm, Fiction if I have to choose.• Poetry? Or Prose? – Definitely Prose – I can’t understand Poetry
• Biographies? Or Autobiographies? – Mostly biographies• History? Or Historical Fiction? – Historical Fiction• Series? Or Stand-alones? – Lately stand-alones
• Classics? Or best-sellers? – Best sellers – anyone who has read this blog knows that reading Jane Eyre last month was the first Classic I have read in recent memory
• Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose? – A mix of both
• Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness? – Plots! I can’t pay attention to stream of consciousness
• Long books? Or Short? – I would rather read a shorter book, but somehow those longer ones draw me to them the most ;)• Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated? – A little illustrated break is always nice from time to time• Borrowed? Or Owned? – Owned – I have this thing about wanting to keep all my books around me – I have the hardest time getting rid of them.• New? Or Used? – New mostly – Something about knowing I am the first one reading them. But I don’t mind used if they are in nice condition.
Copyright © 2009 by The Maiden’s Court
I have updated my review and giveaway policies page (now just titled Policies above). If you are entering a giveaway, please read and abide by the applicable policy.
I am no longer an Amazon Associate. I am currently working on updating my posts with links to various locations to buy books. One of the links I am including is to RJ Julia - this is my favorite local independent book store. You can shop their store online and have access to pretty much anything you are looking for. I do not have any affiliation with any of these sites - just looking to support my local indie book store.
Anyone looking for a new feed reader? My recommendation is Bloglovin'. I made the switch and love the layout, plus there is now an app for my phone. If you use Bloglovin' or have made the switch to another feed reader, please make sure you are following me on it so you miss none of the content here!
Here is a quick sticky link to my Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge and Read-a-Thon.