Mailbox Monday!! Just a few little books made their way into my home this week - truthfully, half of them are short stories or collections - not that bad right?!
All the books this week were received on e-book, half of them are for review, and half are purchased for pleasure.
- A Home for Christmas by MK McClintock (received for review from HFVBT) - This is a short story collection featuring 3 western historicals set during the Christmas season. This year I decided to get into the spirit by reading a few Christmas historicals, and most of these happen to be short stories! I actually read this one already - in one sitting - a LOVED them! Can't wait to check out this author's other books and other Christmas books.
- Death of a Dishonorable Gentleman by Tessa Arlen (received for review from HFVBT via Netgalley) - Awesome cover! While I am not the biggest historical mystery fan, the cover drew me in and I'm willing to give this one a shot.
- Journey to the Well by Diana Wallis Taylor (purchased from Amazon) - The Biblical story of the Samaritan woman at the well. I have always had an interest in Biblical fiction because it makes me take out the Bible and investigate the story myself further. This is one of those I know nothing about at all.
- The Accidental Empress by Allison Pataki (received for review via Netgalley request) - another gorgeous cover! I have only just opened the first few pages of her prior novel, The Traitor's Wife, so I'm not choosing this book because I'm committed to the author, but the subject matter sounds fascinating - Empress Sisi.
- The Yuletide Bride by Michelle Ule and The Gingerbread Bride by Amy Lillard (both purchased from Amazon) - books 5 and 6 in the Twelve Brides of Christmas series.
I'm excited to dive into all of these. What did you get this week?
Copyright © 2014 by The Maiden’s Court