Up until yesterday, I didn’t have any of the below items in my mailbox. One book did come in the mail, but the others were thanks to Amy (from Passages to the Past) pointing out that there were some great HF books on Kindle Daily Deal – so I picked up 3 of those plus one other!
So I will start with the one book that I received from review this week – a non-fiction piece:
- The Borgia Chronicles: 1414-1572 by Mary Hollingsworth (UK Publisher). I have recently become interested in the Borgia’s – I was not one of those who was on board when the Borgia craze began a year or so ago. Probably because I don’t know much about the actual historical events. So when I saw this I had to get it because I need to know more to enjoy the HF.
Below are the 3 I snagged from the Kindle Daily Deal (Thanks Amy!) and my other Kindle purchase:
- The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin – I have read some rave reviews about this one and had to grab it. Set in the American west and the story sounds compelling.
- The Agincourt Bride by Joann Hickson – I have had my eye on this one for awhile. I love Agincourt and I am interested in reading about Catherine of Valois.
- The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean – for me there is just something about WWII Russia that makes for a compelling read.
- The Eagle and the Swan by Carol Strickland – I hosted an interview with this author a couple weeks ago and had to snag it when I saw it was at a reduced price.
So, I am pretty excited about the books I picked up this week – what about you?
Mailbox Monday has returned to its home base blog. You can visit the site to see what everyone received this week!
Copyright © 2014 by The Maiden’s Court