I have a long mailbox this week, mostly because I absolutely forgot about it last week! Check out my haul! Also, FYI, links in titles below go to the Goodreads pages – so you can see the book blurbs etc.
I told you there were a lot!
I purchased a few of these via various discounts over the last couple weeks:
- Love at any Cost by Julie Lessman (picked up for free via Kindle). This is the first book in Lessman’s The Heart of San Francisco series. While I haven’t yet read any of her books, I have a few scattered throughout her 3 series – as they come up on sale I pick up a copy or enter giveaways. Love the cover.
- A Light in the Window by Julie Lessman (picked up for $0.99 via Kindle). This a prequel, Christmas story related to the Daughters of Boston/Winds of Change series’.
- Roma by Steven Saylor (audiobook purchased from Audible). This was technically purchased for my fiancé, but I will likely get a listen to it as well – so you might see two reviews of this one, or a dual review! The way I perceive this book is this – take Edward Rutherfurd’s style in New York, however place it in Rome. Looking forward to it.
- 1812: The Navy’s War by George C. Daughan (audiobook purchased from Audible). I have always found the War of 1812 to be intriguing, so when I saw this one, I had to get it – especially when it was only $4.99! This is a non-fiction.
The other three books I received for review – and I’m super excited about one in particular!:
- The Secret Rooms by Catherine Bailey (received for review from publisher). I was excited by this one with the subtitle, A True Gothic Mystery. Ok, I’m game!
- The Reflections of Queen Snow White by David Meredith (received for review from author). I have a thing for re-imaginings of fairy-tales. This one has Snow White looking back on things following the death of her husband on the eve of her daughter’s wedding.
- Somerset by Leila Meacham (received for review via Netgalley request). OK, I’m super excited about this one! It took a couple months for the publisher to get back to me regarding my request – and I had essentially given up on receiving it, but I got it and I’m SOOOO excited. I loved Roses and from some of the other bloggers I have talked to and have similar tastes with, it is even better than Roses!!! Can’t wait to read it!
Ok, so that is it, but it was a pretty awesome haul! Don’t you say? How was your book haul this week?
Copyright © 2013 by The Maiden’s Court