Welcome to another edition of Mailbox Monday! What did you get in your mailbox this week?
I pretty much have the rest of November and December open for free reading/catching up on overdue reviews/etc. and that of course is a wonderfully freeing feeling! I always try to give myself a little breathing room toward the end of the year because there are always all kinds of things that come up etc. I picked up a couple books over the last few weeks anyway (couldn’t resist!).
- Elizabeth of York by Alison Weir (NF – downloaded through Netgalley). I haven’t yet had the chance to read any of Weir’s NF, although I have a few. This one is on a subject I don’t know too much about.
- Dear Abigail by Diane Jacobs (NF – downloaded through Netgalley). Thanks Amy for pointing this one out to me. This is the first biography to focus on Abigail Adams and her sisters and the relationships therein.
- Blood of Tyrants by Logan Bierne (NF – downloaded through Netgalley). A book about George Washington and how the position of president came to be.
- Bully Pulpit by Doris Kearns Goodwin (NF – audio downloaded from publisher). I really enjoyed the previous book from Goodwin about Lincoln and company (which the movie was made from) and I am interested to see her take on TR.
- Becoming Josephine by Heather Webb (downloaded from Netgalley as part of HFBRT tour). Finally some fiction! I met Heather Webb when we were both panelists at the HNS conference this summer and am excited to read her first novel about Josephine, Napoleon’s wife.
And that’s it!
Mailbox Monday is on a monthly blog tour and for the month of November it is being hosted by I Totally Paused.
Copyright © 2013 by The Maiden’s Court