I bought a Kindle a few weeks ago - primarily to save me on textbook and research material costs for this class, and it is already starting to pan out. I was able to acquire 5 of the books I was looking for and they were all free!
Anyway, here are the great sources that I have acquired - some of which I might have read even without this project:
- Makers of History: William the Conqueror by Jacob Abbott – Kindle
- The History of England from the Norman Conquest to the Death of John (1066-1216) by George Burton Adams – Kindle
- The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle – Kindle
- The Bayeux Tapestry: The Battle of Hastings and the Norman Conquest by John Bruce Collingwood – Library
- The Debate on the Norman Conquest – Historiographical Issues by Marjorie Chibnall – Amazon
- The History of the Norman Conquest of England its Causes and its Results, Vol 4 by Edward Augustus Freeman – Library
- The History of England, Volume 1 by David Hume – Kindle
- A Short History of England, Ireland, and Scotland by Mary Platt Parmele – Kindle
The Chibnall book is the one that cemented my research topic for me. A whole book on historiographical issues on the the topic I chose! What are the chances of that?! Anyway, there is A LOT of reading in my future and please forgive me if I am not around too often!
Did you get any awesome books this week?
Mailbox Monday is on a monthly blog tour and for the month of March is being hosted at Diary of an Eccentric.
Copyright © 2012 by The Maiden’s Court